Usman Nurmagomedov’s reign of dominance continues on.
Saturday at Bellator 269, Nurmagomedov (14-0 MMA, 3-0 BMMA) dragged down and submitted Patrik Pietila with a rear-naked choke on the 4:06 mark of Round 1 at VTB Arena in Moscow.
It took lower than a minute for Nurmagomedov to get the battle to the bottom. Once there, he didn’t rush issues. He was affected person and slowly however certainly superior himself to a dominant place.
After a couple of minutes on the canvas, Nurmagomedov gained management of Pietila’s again. While the Finnish fighter fended off the primary submission try, Nurmagomedov shortly switched his grips and cranked. It solely took a number of seconds for the faucet and Nurmagomedov’s third promotional win to be sealed.
Pietila’s title is added to a listing with Manny Muro and Mike Hamel, whom Nurmagomedov defeated in his first two Bellator bouts. Through three fights, Nurmagomedov has one submission, one TKO and one unanimous resolution. The 23-year-old light-weight is the youthful cousin of former UFC light-weight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, who cornered the battle Saturday.
As for Pietila, the defeat was his second straight and his third in 5 outings. Bellator 269 marked solely the second time he has been submitted.
The newest Bellator 269 outcomes embrace:
- Usman Nurmagomedov def. Patrik Pietila by way of submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:06
- Anatoly Tokov def. Sharaf Davlatmurodov by way of break up resolution (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Kirill Sidelnikov def. Rab Truesdale by way of TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:01
- Katarzyna Sadura def. Darina Mazdyuk by way of TKO (punches) – Round 2, 3:17
- Irina Alekseeva def. Stephanie Page by way of unanimous resolution (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Nikita Mikhailov def. Brian Moore by way of unanimous resolution (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Alexey Shurkevich def. Grachik Bozinyan by way of knockout (punches) – Round 1, 2:25
- Aiden Lee def. Alexander Osetrov by way of submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:41