LAS VEGAS – Even though it wasn’t easy, Jamahal Hill managed to pull through in Las Vegas on Saturday.
There was a TKO victory for Hill (11-1 MMA, 5-1) against Thiago Santos (22-11 MMA, 14-10 UFC) at 2:31 of Round 4 in the main event of UFC on ESPN 40.
A TKO secured a 100% finishing percentage for the entire event for only the second time in UFC history.
When analyst Michael Bisping asked Hill about his post-fight anecdote, a visibly and audibly exhausted Hill said, people need to stop talking about his experience as an insult.
After defeating Jimmy Crute and Johnny Walker in the opening round, Hill went on to win UFC on ESPN 40 by a unanimous decision.
The most recent UFC on ESPN 40 results, as of this writing:
- Jamahal Hill def. Thiago Santos via TKO (strikes) – Round 4, 2:31
- Geoff Neal def. Vicente Luque via knockout (punches) – Round 3, 2:01
- Mohammed Usman def. Zac Pauga via knockout (punch) – Round 2, 0:36 – to win “TUF 30” heavyweight title
- Juliana Miller def. Brogan Walker via TKO (ground-and-pound) – Round 3, 3:57 – to win “TUF 30” women’s flyweight title
- Serghei Spivac def. Augusto Sakai via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 3:42
- Terrance McKinney def. Erick Gonzalez via submission (standing rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:17
- Michal Oleksiejczuk def. Sam Alvey via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:56
- Bryan Battle def. Takashi Sato via knockout (head kick) – Round 1, 0:44
- Cory McKenna def. Miranda Granger via submission (Von Flue choke) – Round 2, 1:03
- Mayra Bueno Silva def. Stephanie Egger via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 1:17