After scoring the largest win of his profession, Tanner Boser will look to interrupt into the UFC’s heavyweight rankings.
Boser (20-8-1 MMA, 4-3 UFC) meets Sergei Pavlovich (14-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) at UFC Fight Night on Dec. 4, which takes place on the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. Pavlovich confirmed the information on social media after an preliminary report from TSN.
After dropping back-to-back selections to Andrei Arlovski and Ilir Latifi, Canada’s Boser rebounded with a second-round knockout of Ovince Saint Preux at UFC Fight Night 190 in June.
Pavlovich will make the stroll for the primary time since October 2019. The 29-year-old Russian, who’s coming off two straight first-round finishes of Marcelo Golm and Maurice Greene, was compelled to withdraw from bookings towards Ciryl Gane in August 2020 as a result of damage and Tom Aspinall in September as a result of visa points.
The newest lineup for UFC Fight Night on Dec. 4 contains:
- Rob Font vs. Jose Aldo
- Chris Gruetzemacher vs. Claudio Puelles
- Rafael Fiziev vs. Brad Riddell
- Montserrat Conejo vs. Mallory Martin
- Brendan Allen vs. Brad Tavares
- Bryan Barberena vs. Matt Brown
- Tanner Boser vs. Sergei Pavlovich
- Jimmy Crute vs. Jamahal Hil
- Manel Kape vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov