An thrilling bantamweight matchup is on the horizon for the UFC’s ultimate pay-per-view of 2021.
At UFC 269, some of the thrilling fighters within the division, Sean O’Malley, will tackle fellow Dana White’s Contender Series veteran Raulian Paiva.
An individual with information of the state of affairs confirmed the information with MMA Junkie following an preliminary report from UFC broadcast associate ESPN, which O’Malley initially questioned. He subsequently introduced the struggle Saturday on his Instagram.
UFC 269, scheduled for Dec. 11, doesn’t but have a confirmed venue or location, though the occasion is anticipated to happen in Las Vegas.
O’Malley (14-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) will look to shut out his sturdy 2021 marketing campaign with a 3rd consecutive victory. Three appears to be the magic quantity for “Sugar” as he recorded two third-round finishes earlier this 12 months. At UFC 260, he completed Thomas Almeida by TKO behind his sharp putting and adopted that up with one other stoppage by punches, taking out short-notice substitute Kris Mourinho at UFC 264.
Paiva (21-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC) is sort of the prospect in his personal proper, who has rebounded properly after his first pair of UFC fights. He is at present on a three-fight profitable streak and ranked No. 15 within the promotion’s official rankings, defeating powerful rivals Mark De La Rosa, Zhalgas Zhumagulov, and Kyler Phillips consecutively.
With the addition, the UFC 269 lineup consists of:
- Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier – for light-weight title
- Amanda Nunes vs. Julianna Pena – for girls’s bantamweight title
- Brandon Moreno vs. Deiveson Figueiredo – for flyweight title
- Dominick Cruz vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Randy Costa vs. Tony Kelley
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Kai Kara-France
- Priscila Cachoeira vs. Gillian Robertson
- Maycee Barber vs. Montana De La Rosa
- Dricus Du Plessis vs. Andre Muniz
- Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell
- Ryan Hall vs. Darrick Minner