On Oct. 1, UFC Fight Night will feature a bantamweight match.
John Castaneda (19-5 MMA, 2-1 UFC) takes on Daniel Santos in the co-main event (9-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC). The exact site of the occurrence is unknown.
On Tuesday, MMA Junkie spoke to two people who were privy to the bout but wanted to remain anonymous since the company had yet to publicize it.
In the two fights since his July 2020 defeat to Nathaniel Wood, Castaneda, 30, has won back-to-back bouts. First UFC win: Eddie Wineland was knocked out by Castaneda. He knocked out Miles Johns in February.
It will be Santos’ second time fighting in the UFC. In April, Santos made his professional debut and was defeated by Julio Arce in a unanimous decision. The winning streak of two fights came to an end.
The Oct. 1 UFC event currently includes:
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Yan Xioanan
- Brendan Allen vs. Krzysztof Jotko
- Vinc Pichel vs. Jesse Ronson
- Tabatha Ricci vs. Cheyanne Vlismas
- Guido Cannetti vs. Randy Costa
- Chelsea Chandler vs. Julija Stoliarenko
- John Castaneda vs. Daniel Santos