This week’s UFC return to Las Vegas has another hole in the lineup.
Ovince Saint Preux (25-16 MMA, 15-12 UFC) is out of his light heavyweight fight against Philipe Lins (14-5 MMA, 0-2 UFC) at UFC Fight Night 197 on Saturday. MMA Junkie confirmed his withdrawal from a person with knowledge of the matchup. The promotion made the announcement on the UFC 268 post-fight show.
UFC Fight Night 197 takes place Saturday at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The event streams on ESPN+.
Saint Preux was looking to snap a two-fight skid of TKO losses to Jamahal Hill and Tanner Boser in his return to 205 pounds. Those setbacks came on the heels of a knockout win over Alonzo Menifield.
It is not yet known if Lins will remain on the card against a short-notice replacement opponent. He has consecutive losses to Boser and Andrei Arlovski, both in 2020 in his first two fights in the promotion. Prior to signing with the UFC, Lins had four straight stoppage wins in the PFL, including a $1 million win in the promotion’s 2018 heavyweight season.
With the change, the UFC Fight Night 197 lineup includes:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 4 p.m. ET)
- Max Holloway vs. Yair Rodriguez
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Ben Rothwell
- Leah Letson vs. Felicia Spencer
- Philipe Lins vs. TBA
- Kyle Daukaus vs. Roman Dolidze
- Julio Arce vs. Song Yadong
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 1 p.m. ET)
- Joel Alvarez vs. Thiago Moises
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Andrea Lee
- Miguel Baeza vs. Khaos Williams
- Collin Anglin vs. Sean Woodson
- Cortney Casey vs. Liana Jojua
- Rafael Alves vs. Marc Diakiese
- Da Un Jung vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu