Maycee Barber has a brand new UFC 269 opponent – and for the primary time in her profession, it’s somebody youthful.
With Montana De La Rosa out attributable to harm, 22-year-old rising prospect Erin Blanchfield has stepped in to struggle Barber, she informed MMA Junkie in an Instagram Live on Tuesday. The Dec. 11 pay-per-view occasion takes place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Blanchfield (7-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) made her promotional debut in September when she managed Sarah Alpar with a excessive output hanging and grappling assault. Regarded by many as maybe probably the most promising feminine prospect in blended martial arts, Blanchfield will reenter coaching camp simply weeks later.
As for Barber (9-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC), who can also be one of many youngest fighters on the UFC roster at age 23, she is going to look to proceed her current success on the heels of a cut up resolution win over Miranda Maverick in July. The victory put her again into the win column after back-to-back unanimous resolution defeats to Roxanne Modafferi and Alexa Grasso.
With the change, the UFC 269 lineup consists of:
- Charles Oliveria vs. Dustin Poirier – for light-weight title
- Amanda Nunes vs. Julianna Pena – for ladies’s bantamweight title
- Leon Edwards vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Dominick Cruz vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Randy Costa vs. Tony Kelley
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Kai Kara-France
- Priscila Cachoeira vs. Gillian Robertson
- Dricus Du Plessis vs. Andre Muniz
- Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell
- Ryan Hall vs. Darrick Minner
- Sean O’Malley vs. Raulian Paiva
- Maycee Barber vs. Erin Blanchfield