It’s the eve of the event and UFC 273 is down a fight.
Following the conclusion of the UFC 273 official weigh-ins Friday, the promotion announced the cancellation of the heavyweight bout between Marcin Tybura (22-7 MMA, 9-6 UFC) and Jairzinho Rozenstruik (12-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC).
The bout was scheduled for Saturday’s preliminary card on ESPN at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Fla. The cancellation comes as a result of an illness to Tybura, according to the promotion. The card will continue on with 12 fights.
It has not yet been announced which bout of the four on the ESPN+ early prelims will be elevated to the ESPN portion of the card.
UFC 273 marks the second time the matchup has been canceled. Originally scheduled for UFC Fight Night 202 on Feb. 26, the bout was pushed back in mid-January for undisclosed reasons. Tybura has not competed since October 2021, while Rozenstruik’s duration of inactivity stretches back one month farther to September.
🚨 Due to illness, Marcin Tybura has been removed from his heavyweight bout with Jairzinho Rozenstruik at #UFC273.
As a result, this bout has been cancelled from the event. pic.twitter.com/kO1pTWaovz
— UFC Europe (@UFCEurope) April 8, 2022
With the cancellation, the UFC 273 lineup now includes:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Alexander Volkanovski vs. Chan Sung Jung
- Aljamain Sterling vs. Petr Yan
- Gilbert Burns vs. Khamzat Chimaev
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Tecia Torres
- Mark Madsen vs. Vinc Pichel
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Ian Garry vs. Darian Weeks
- Aspen Ladd vs. Raquel Pennington
- Mickey Gall vs. Mike Malott
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET)
- Aleksei Oleinik vs. Jared Vanderaa
- Josh Fremd vs. Anthony Hernandez
- Kay Hansen vs. Piera Rodriguez
- Julio Arce vs. Daniel Santos