Manny Pacquaio has fallen out of Boxing Junkie’s pound-for-pound rankings. And based mostly on what we noticed in opposition to Yordenis Ugas on Saturday, it appears unlikely that he’ll climb again onto the listing.
Ugas, the artful Miami-based Cuban, outboxed the Filipino legend to win a transparent unanimous resolution at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Pacquiao, 42, was coming off a surprising split-decision victory over Keith Thurman in July 2019, which was greater than two years in the past. He was aggressive and fought with ardour in opposition to Ugas however greater than ever he seemed his age.
Thus, Pacquiao, ranked No. 15 going into the battle, drops off the listing. And he’s changed by Ugas, who enters as an Honorable Mention. Ugas is at present on a 12-1 run in opposition to largely good opposition, the one loss being a disputed resolution in opposition to Shawn Porter.
As a results of the aforementioned strikes, Gervonta Davis rises from Honorable Mention to No. 15.
Here is the place the pound-for-pounders stand.
- Terence Crawford – No battle scheduled.
- Canelo Alvarez – Scheduled to battle Caleb Plant to unify all 4 main 168-pound titles on Nov. 6.
- Naoya Inoue – No battle scheduled.
- Errol Spence Jr. – No battle scheduled.
- Oleksandr Usyok – Scheduled to problem heavyweight titleholder Anthony Joshua on Sept. 25 in London.
- Teofimo Lopez – In talks to defend his undisputed light-weight championship in opposition to George Kambosos on Oct. 5.
- Vasiliy Lomachenko – In talks to battle Richard Commey on Dec. 11 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
- Tyson Fury – Scheduled to defend the WBC heavyweight title in opposition to Deontay Wilder on July 24 in Las Vegas.
- Juan Francisco Estrada – In talks to defend his WBA and WBA junior bantamweight titles in what could be a 3rd battle in opposition to Roman Gonzalez on Oct. 16.
- Gennadiy Golovkin – In talks to battle Ryota Murata in a middleweight title-unification battle on Dec. 28 in Tokyo.
- Mikey Garcia – Reportedly concentrating on a Sept. 18 return to the ring. No opponent has been introduced.
- Jermell Charlo – No battle scheduled.
- Josh Taylor – Tentatively scheduled to defend his undisputed junior welterweight championship in opposition to obligatory challenger Jack Catterall on Dec. 18 in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Artur Beterbiev – The mild heavyweight titleholder has been ordered to defend in opposition to Marcus Browne however talks are within the early phases.
- Gervonta Davis – No battle scheduled
Honorable point out (alphabetical order): Mairis Briedis (reportedly in talks to battle Michal Cieslak subsequent month), Jermall Charlo (no battle scheduled), Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (Sor Rungvisai is predicted to satisfy Carlos Cuadras as a part of a junior bantamweight match however nothing is official), Yordenis Ugas (no battle scheduled) and Oscar Valdez (scheduled to battle Robson Conceicao on Sept. 10).