Magomed Ankalaev vs. Volkan Oezdemir will be a part of an already stacked UFC 267 lineup.
Originally slated for the UFC Fight Night 191 card on Sept. 4, Ankalaev (15-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) vs. Oezdemir (17-5 MMA, 5-4 UFC) has moved to the Oct. 30 pay-per-view card, which takes place at Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi. The occasion is anticipated to air on ABC.
An individual with information of the matchup confirmed the reserving to MMA Junkie however requested to stay nameless as a result of the promotion has but to make an official announcement. MMA DNA was first to report the information.
Since dropping his UFC debut in a comeback loss to Paul Craig, Russia’s Ankalaev has emerged as one of many prime contenders within the mild heavyweight division. Currently using a six-fight successful streak, which incorporates back-to-back finishes of Ion Cutelaba, Ankalaev is coming off a unanimous choice win over Nikita Krylov in February.
Oezdemir will look to bounce again from his knockout loss to Jiri Prochazka at UFC 251 in July 2020. Prior to that, the previous title challenger scored two straight wins over Ilir Latifi and rising contender Aleksandar Rakic.
With the addition, the UFC 267 lineup now consists of:
- Champ Jan Blachowicz vs. Glover Teixeira – for mild heavyweight title
- Champ Aljamain Sterling vs. Petr Yan – for bantamweight title
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Islam Makhachev
- Marcin Tybura vs. Alexander Volkov
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Volkan Oezdemir
- Khamzat Chimaev vs. Li Jingliang
- Virna Jandiroba vs. Amanda Ribas
- Walt Harris vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Shamil Gamzatov vs. Michal Oleksiejczuk
- Ricardo Ramos vs. Zubaira Tukhugov
- Makwan Amirkhani vs. Tristan Connelly
- Allan Nascimento vs. Tagir Ulanbekov