Kris Moutinho must wait a bit bit longer to make his second stroll to the UFC cage.
A fan-favorite bantamweight only one combat into his promotional tenure, Moutinho (9-5 MMA, 0-1 UFC) has withdrawn from his scheduled Oct. 23 bout vs. Aaron Phillips as a consequence of harm. Stepping into his place will probably be Factory X fighter Jonathan Martinez.
Two individuals with information of the reserving knowledgeable MMA Junkie of the matchup Friday however requested to stay nameless because the promotion has but to make an official announcement.
Martinez (13-4 MMA, 3-4 UFC) seems to be to bounce again from a knockout loss to Davey Grant in March. The defeat snapped a two-fight successful streak for the 27-year-old fighter and marked the primary time in his professional profession he was completed.
Phillips (12-4 MMA, 0-3 UFC) re-signed with the UFC in 2020 after practically six years outdoors of the promotion. He took a short-notice combat in opposition to Jack Shore, which he misplaced by second-round submission. The defeat snapped a five-fight successful streak for the Louisianan.
With the change, the Oct. 23 lineup consists of:
- Paulo Costa vs. Marvin Vettori
- Randa Markos vs. Livinha Souza
- Daniel Lacerda vs. Jeff Molina
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Joselyne Edwards
- Jun Yong Park vs. Gregory Rodrigues
- Mason Jones vs. Alan Patrick
- Jonathan Martinez vs. Aaron Phillips
- Nick Negumereanu vs. Ike Villanueva
- Alex Caceres vs. Seung Woo Choi
- Dwight Grant vs. Gabe Green
- Maria Oliveira vs. Tabatha Ricci