SAN JOSE, Calif. – The void left by Anthony Johnson has been crammed.
With “Rumble” out of the Bellator gentle heavyweight grand prix resulting from critical sickness, rising contender Julius Anglickas will step into his place, the promotion introduced Saturday on the Bellator 266 broadcast.
For his event semifinal, Anglickas (10-1 MMA, 3-0 BMMA) will problem champion Vadim Nemkov on Oct. 16 at Bellator 268 in Phoenix.
Anglickas, 30, rides a nine-fight profitable streak into the bout, which incorporates three Bellator victories over Jordan Young, Alex Polizzi and Gregory Millard. After his win over Millard this previous April, Anglickas was named an alternate by the promotion.
In 2019, Anglickas was featured on Dana White’s Contender Series and defeated Karl Reed. However, he was not supplied a UFC contract. The 6-foot-3 gentle heavyweight is a former LFA champion.
As for Nemkov (13-2 MMA, 6-0 UFC), he enters the struggle on an eight-fight profitable streak that features a title-clinching knockout victory over Ryan Bader and a unanimous choice title protection towards Phil Davis in a grand prix quarterfinal.
With the addition, the Bellator 268 lineup consists of:
- Champion Vadim Nemkov vs. Julius Anglickas – for Bellator gentle heavyweight title, grand prix semifinal
- Ryan Bader vs. Corey Anderson – grand prix semifinal
- Benson Henderson vs. Brent Primus
- Henry Corrales vs. Vladyslav Parubchenko
- Karl Albrektsson vs. TBA
- Brett Johns vs. Erik Perez
- Sullivan Cauley vs. Deon Clash
- Nick Browne vs. Bobby Lee
- Gregory Millard vs. Javier Torres
- Randi Field vs. Sumiko Inaba
- Lance Gibson Jr. vs. Raymond Pina