JUNIOR WELTERWEIGHT CONTENDER AND TWO-TIME TITLE CHALLENGER JOSE ZEPEDA RETURNS AGAINST JOSUE VARGAS ON SATURDAY NIGHT IN NEW YORK ON ESPN+.
JOSE ZEPEDA (34-2, 26 KOs) VS. JOSUE VARGS (19-1, 9 KOs)
- Date: Saturday, Oct. 30
- Time: 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT (foremost occasion later in present)
- Where: Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, New York
- TV/Stream: ESPN+
- Cost: ESPN+ is $6.99 per 30 days or $69.99 yearly (bundling choices are additionally accessible)
- Division: Junior welterweight
- At stake: No main titles
- Pound-for-pound rating: None
- Odds: Even (common of a number of retailers)
- Also on the cardboard: Carlos Caraballo vs. Jonas Sultan, bantamweights
- Prediction: Zepeda KO 10
- Background: Zepeda has been pissed off in world title fights at 135 and 140 kilos – shedding in two rounds to Terry Flanagan after dislocating his shoulder and Jose Ramirez by an in depth choice – however he has in any other case fared properly in opposition to top-level opposition, together with a large choice over Hank Lundy this May. The Los Angeles-area boxer-puncher’s fifth-round knockout of Ivan Baranchyk was the 2020 Fight of the Year. Zepeda is looking for a 3rd shot at a serious title or a rematch with Ramirez. He’s ranked within the Top 5 by the WBC and WBO, whose belts belong to Josh Taylor. Vargas was born in Puerto Rico however lives within the Bronx, New York, the place he was an excellent beginner fighter. He reportedly was 72-8 within the unpaid ranks. He can be undefeated as an expert if it weren’t for a controversial disqualification in opposition to Samuel Santana in 2016. However, Zepeda represents a step up in opposition for him. We’ll be taught so much about Vargas on Saturday evening on the Garden.