JESUS RAMOS JR., THE 20-YEAR-OLD KNOCKOUT ARTIST, RETURNS TO THE RING AGAINST BRIAN MENDOZA SUNDAY ON FOX.
JESUS RAMOS JR. (16-0, 14 KOs)
VS. BRIAN MENDOZA (191, 13 KOs)
- Date: Sunday, Sept. 5
- Time: 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT (fundamental occasion later in present)
- Where: The Armory, Minneapolis
- TV/Stream: Fox
- Division: Junior middleweights
- At stake: No titles
- Pound-for-pound rating: None
- Odds: NA
- Also on the cardboard: Starling Castillo vs. Juan Carlos Burgos, lightweights; Armando Resendiz vs. Marcos Hernandez, middleweights
- Prediction: Ramos KO 6
- Background: Ramos, 20, is likely one of the brightest younger stars within the sport. The Arizonan’s energy is clear however he reminded everybody in his final outing that he also can field properly and go the space, as he saved the strain on veteran Javier Molina and gained a large unanimous choice on the Andy Ruiz Jr.-Chris Arreola card in May. Ramos had by no means gone previous the sixth spherical in any combat. He’ll be preventing for the second time as a junior middleweight, at which he evidently will marketing campaign going ahead. He has stated he hopes to win a world title earlier than his 22nd birthday. Mendoza is coming off his greatest victory, a unanimous choice over Thomas Lamanna at 154 kilos in his first 10-rounder virtually precisely a yr in the past. That adopted his solely loss, a cut up choice in opposition to Larry Gomez in an eight-round combat the earlier November. Mendoza has demonstrated that he can punch however he hasn’t confronted anybody close to the extent of Ramos.