Check out this week’s “Spinning Back Clique,” MMA Junkie’s weekly present that takes a spin by way of the largest subjects in blended martial arts.
This week, we cowl the aftermath of Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley, UFC on ESPN 30, the way forward for the “The Ultimate Fighter,” and extra.
Our “Spinning Back Clique” panel of Nolan King, Danny Segura and Brian “Goze” Garcia debates and discusses these subjects with host John Morgan:
- Well, Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley was a factor that occurred. It was actually a spectacle and had massive struggle feels, however the motion did not ship a lot by way of leisure worth. So with the occasion (and one other Paul victory) within the rearview, is there room for this type of factor on the fight sports activities panorama, or are we higher off eliminating these nonsensical type of fights as quickly as attainable?
- With the kind of cash and hype he’s producing, it’s arduous to imagine we received’t see not less than yet one more of those Jake Paul extravaganzas. So if we’ve acquired no alternative, who ought to he struggle subsequent?
- It didn’t get fairly the media love, however UFC on ESPN 30 noticed Giga Chikadze earn a powerful win over Edson Barboza, and now he desires to both function a backup for the upcoming UFC 266 title struggle between Alexander Volkanovski and Brian Ortega or a struggle former champion Max Holloway. Which of these paths would you suggest, or is there one thing higher on the market?
- We additionally noticed the ultimate fights of “The Ultimate Fighter 29,” which topped two new champions. What impression are you strolling away with after this season, and what do you consider the concept this present, based on UFC president Dana White, is rarely going away.
- This week, the largest struggle on the MMA calendar is Derek Brunson vs. Darren Till headlining UFC Fight Night 191. It’s a giant one within the middleweight division, however 185 kilos is in a bit little bit of a holding sample as we look forward to the scheduling of Israel Adesanya vs. Robert Whittaker 2. So what is definitely at stake right here?
“Spinning Back Clique” is launched every Tuesday on MMA Junkie’s YouTube channel.