The third time hopefully is the charm for Jairzinho Rozenstruik.
The UFC heavyweight has been booked to fight fellow contender Alexander Volkov in the main event of UFC Fight Night on June 4. The location for the event has yet to be announced by the promotion. The news was reported by ESPN on Friday.
This is the third time Rozenstruik (12-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC) has been booked to compete in 2022, but he’s been unable to step in the octagon. The Surinamese fighter was booked to fight Marcin Tybura twice, but both bouts fell through – with the last one falling apart the day before UFC 273 due to Tybura falling ill.
Rozenstruik is coming off a decision loss to Curtis Blaydes in September. He’s 2-2 in his past four UFC outings.
Like Rozenstruik, Volkov (34-9 MMA, 8-3 UFC) looks to get back in the win column having lost to rising contender Tom Aspinall in the main event of UFC Fight Night 204 in March. He was submitted in the first round. The 33-year-old Russian is 3-2 in is past five fights.
- Alexander Volkov vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Movsar Evloev vs. Dan Ige
- JJ Aldrich vs. Erin Blanchfield
- Poliana Botelho vs. Karine Silva
- Jeff Molina vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov
- Zarrukh Adashev vs. Ode Osbourne
- Rinat Fahretdinov vs. Andreas Michailidis
- Joaquin Buckley vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov
- Lucas Almeida vs. Michael Trizano