The remaining preliminary bout of UFC Fight Night 196 delivered an unimaginable forwards and backwards battle.
Middleweights Gregory Rodrigues and Junyong Park weren’t afraid to change strikes within the octagon, leading to wild motion on the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
After a primary spherical that noticed Rodrigues (11-3 MMA, 2-0 UFC) get the higher of Park (13-5 MMA, 3-2 UFC) for many of the 5 minutes, issues shortly escalated within the second spherical.
Park got here out the gates swinging laborious and infrequently. A wild slugfest unfolded for a couple of moments earlier than Rodrigues determined to gradual the motion with a takedown. Park defended it effectively although, and the 2 males went proper again to buying and selling enormous photographs on the ft.
Park landed large punches that rocked Rodrigues, however “Robocop” continued to maneuver ahead and landed an enormous proper hand to harm Park and ship him shifting backward. Rodrigues, nonetheless damage himself, continued to maneuver ahead on his wobbly opponent and landed one other collection of punches on Park earlier than the referee known as a cease to the wild contest.
WHAT. A. FIGHT. 💥
— UFC (@ufc) October 23, 2021
Rodrigues retains his profitable streak alive making it 4 in a row by ending Park. The Dana White’s Contender Series veteran now has two consecutive wins underneath the UFC banner.
Up-to-the-minute UFC Fight Night 196 outcomes embody:
- Gregory Rodrigues def. Junyong Park by way of knockout (punches) – Round 2, 3:13
- Mason Jones def. David Onama by way of unanimous resolution (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Tabatha Ricci def. Maria Oliveira by way of unanimous resolution (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jamie Pickett def. Laureano Staropoli by way of unanimous resolution (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Jai Herbert def. Khama Worthy by way of TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:47
- Jeff Molina def. Daniel da Silva by way of TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 0:46
- Randa Markos def. Livinha Souza by way of unanimous resolution (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Jonathan Martinez def. Zviad Lazishvili by way of unanimous resolution (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)