Former featherweight champion Germaine de Randamie has been compelled out of UFC 268.
De Randamie (10-4 MMA, 8-3 UFC) has withdrawn from her pivotal bantamweight conflict with Irene Aldana on Nov. 6 on account of an undisclosed damage. It is unknown whether or not or not Aldana (13-6 MMA, 6-4 UFC) will stay on the cardboard.
An individual with data of the matchup confirmed the information to MMA Junkie however requested to stay nameless for the reason that promotion has but to make an official announcement. The information of de Randamie’s withdrawal was first reported by ESPN Deportes.
After falling quick in her title quest in opposition to reigning UFC bantamweight champion and present dual-champ Amanda Nunes, de Randamie rebounded with a third-round “Performance of the Night” submission of present title challenger Julianna Pena in October. The Dutch-born fighter has gained six of her previous seven, together with capturing the inaugural featherweight title in opposition to Holly Holm in 2017, which she was later stripped of.
Mexico’s Aldana was trying to earn her first-career title shot. The 33-year-old has gained six of her previous eight and is coming off a first-round TKO of Yana Kunitskaya at UFC 264 in July, a bout which she got here in three-and-a-half kilos over.
The UFC 268 lineup presently contains:
- Champion Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington – for welterweight title
- Champion Rose Namajunas vs. Zhang Weili – for girls’s strawweight title
- Michael Chandler vs. Justin Gaethje
- Luke Rockhold vs. Sean Strickland
- Frankie Edgar vs. Marlon Vera
- Bobby Green vs. Al Iaquinta
- Irene Aldana vs. TBA
- Nassourdine Imavov vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- John Allan vs. Aleksa Camur
- Melsik Baghdasaryan vs. TJ Laramie
- Andreas Michailidis vs. Alex Pereira
- Shane Burgos vs. Billy Quarantillo
- Ian Garry vs. Jordan Williams