As the previous UFC occasion coordinator, Burt Watson has seen all of it. A beloved determine amongst fighters previous and current, he can inform tales no person else can. What can we are saying? He’s a legend.
That’s why he’s bought this present, “Legend 2 Legend,” an MMA Junkie function the place Burt and one other legend shoot the breeze and peel again the curtain – at the very least just a bit bit.
In Episode 5, Burt sits down with UFC Hall of Famer and former two-division champion Georges St-Pierre as they focus on:
- Being bullied as a child however changing into assured and studying self-discipline via karate due to his father
- Knowing when MMA was for him and the way he transitioned from karate due to his “first mentor” Christophe Midoux
- Developing his MMA expertise with Renzo Gracice, Jackson Wink MMA and coach Firas Zahabi at TriStar Gym
- Having to struggle Matt Hughes in simply his third UFC struggle and the way he was “scared to death” heading into it
- The 2007 upset by Matt Serra, how he was too snug earlier than the struggle, why there was no disgrace in tapping to strikes, and what he realized afterward
- Vacating the welterweight title after his 2013 struggle with Johny Hendricks and his considerations over performance-enhancing medicine within the UFC
- The resolution to come back again after greater than 4 years away to struggle Michael Bisping for the middleweight title
- And far more!
You can watch the total episode within the video above.