“The Last Emperor” isn’t performed but.
After two years away from the cage, 45-year-old Fedor Emelianenko returned Saturday at Bellator 269 when he knocked Tim Johnson unconscious at 1:46 of Round 1.
The heavyweight battle headlined the occasion, which occurred Saturday at VTB Arena in Moscow. The primary card aired on Showtime after prelims on MMA Junkie.
The pleasure within the venue constructed with the walkouts. Johnson leaned into the usA. vs. Russia theme, as he strolled to the cage to Hulk Hogan’s theme music “Real American.” Meanwhile, Emelianenko made his method to the cage together with his classic Russian walkout music blaring by means of the house area.
The battle started, as did the “Fedor, Fedor, Fedor” chants. There wasn’t a lot of a feeling-out course of as each males opened up early. Emelianenko (40-6 MMA, 4-2 BMMA) seemed just like the lighter fighter as he bounced round. Johnson (15-8 MMA, 3-4 BMMA), in the meantime, stayed much more stationary as he seemed for an enormous punch.
Both males landed within the exchanges, however across the 90-second mark of the battle, Emelianenko discovered the house for a tough mixture. Stunned, Johnson opened himself up as he stood sq. to the Russian legend. Emelianenko uncorked a hellacious three-punch combo that folded Johnson over backward. No follow-up photographs have been thrown as Fedor walked off.
🐐A historic second.
— Bellator Europe (@Bellator_Europe) October 23, 2021
Let’s see that in slow-mo! 🤜💥
— BellatorMMA (@BellatorMMA) October 23, 2021
With the win, Emelianenko advances to 3-1 in his most up-to-date 4 fights. He additionally holds wins over Frank Mir, Chael Sonnen, and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson in Bellator. After Saturday’s win, Emelianenko has one battle remaining on his Bellator contract, which is predicted to happen in 2022.
As for Johnson, the American falls to 0-2 in as many outings. The skid comes on the heels of a three-fight profitable streak that earned him an interim title shot in June.
The newest Bellator 269 outcomes embody:
- Fedor Emelianenko def. Tim Johnson by way of knockout (punches) – Round 1, 1:46
- Said Sowma def. Vitaly Minakov by way of TKO (physician stoppage) Round 3, 3:08
- Usman Nurmagomedov def. Patrik Pietila by way of submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:06
- Anatoly Tokov def. Sharaf Davlatmurodov by way of break up determination (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Kirill Sidelnikov def. Rab Truesdale by way of TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:01
- Katarzyna Sadura def. Darina Mazdyuk by way of TKO (punches) – Round 2, 3:17
- Irina Alekseeva def. Stephanie Page by way of unanimous determination (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Nikita Mikhailov def. Brian Moore by way of unanimous determination (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Alexey Shurkevich def. Grachik Bozinyan by way of knockout (punches) – Round 1, 2:25
- Aiden Lee def. Alexander Osetrov by way of submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:41