Erin Blanchfield has a new UFC 269 opponent.
With Maycee Barber out, stepping in on five weeks’ notice is former Invicta FC standout Miranda Maverick. Both parties have verbally agreed to the bout with contracts expected to be issued shortly.
Two people with knowledge of the situation confirmed the verbal agreements to MMA Junkie but asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.
UFC 269 takes place Saturday, Dec. 11 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The main card streams on ESPN+ pay-per-view after prelims on ESPN2/ESPN+.
Blanchfield (7-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) made her promotional debut Sept. 18 when she defeated Sarah Alpar via unanimous decision. The win extended her streak to four. As for Maverick (9-3 MMA, 2-1 UFC), she competed against Barber last and suffered a close split decision loss.
With the change, the UFC 269 lineup includes:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier – for lightweight title
- Amanda Nunes vs. Julianna Pena – for women’s bantamweight title
- Leon Edwards vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Kai Kara-France
- Sean O’Malley vs. Raulian Paiva
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Geoff Neal vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Dominick Cruz vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Josh Emmett vs. Dan Ige
- Dricus Du Plessis vs. Andre Muniz
- Erin Blanchfield vs. Miranda Maverick
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET)
- Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell
- Ryan Hall vs. Darrick Minner
- Priscila Cachoeira vs. Gillian Robertson
- Randy Costa vs. Tony Kelley
- Bruno Silva vs. Jordan Wright