The damage bug has affected an thrilling light-weight matchup.
Diego Ferreira vs. Grant Dawson was scheduled to happen on Oct. 2 at UFC Fight Night 193, nonetheless, as a result of an damage to Ferreira (17-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC), the bout will not happen on that date.
Multiple sources confirmed the damage with MMA Junkie, however it’s unclear if Dawson (17-1 MMA, 5-0 UFC) will stay on the cardboard or if the struggle will probably be rebooked at a later time. The specifics of Ferreira’s damage weren’t revealed.
The reserving would have served as Ferreira’s third bout of 2021, as he appeared to get again to his successful methods after dropping two straight towards Beneil Dariush and Gregor Gillespie. Prior to this 12 months’s skid, Ferreira was on a six-fight win streak, capped off by a second-round submission over former champion Anthony Pettis.
On the opposite hand, Dawson has unbelievable momentum behind him as he’s on an eight-fight win streak following his lone profession loss in 2016. Since getting into the UFC in 2019, Dawson has completed three of his 5 opponents throughout his undefeated run with the promotion, most lately dispatching Leonardo Santos by way of last-second, third-round knockout.
With this bout off the cardboard, the up to date UFC Fight Night 193 lineup contains:
- Thiago Santos vs. Johnny Walker
- Antonina Shevchenko vs. Casey O’Neill
- Bethe Correia vs. Karol Rosa
- Jared Gordon vs. Joe Solecki
- Grant Dawson vs. Diego Ferreira
- Sean Soriano vs. opponent TBA
- Gaetano Pirrello vs. Douglas Silva de Andrade
- Kyle Daukaus vs. Kevin Holland
- Jamie Mullarkey vs. Devonte Smith
- Macy Chiasson vs. Aspen Ladd
- Johnny Eduardo vs. Alejandro Perez
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Leonardo Santos
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Krzysztof Jotko
- Alex Oliveira vs. Niko Price