Just days after he was released, Chase Sherman is back on the UFC roster.
Tanner Boser has been forced out of UFC Fight Night 205, and Sherman (15-9 MMA, 3-8 UFC) will step in on short notice to face Alexandr Romanov (15-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) this Saturday at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. MMA Junkie confirmed the news following an initial report from MMA Fighting.
Sherman parted ways with the UFC on April 12 after going 1-3 in his second octagon stint. However, after Boser withdrew with an injury, the 32-year-old received the call back.
Romanov has finished all but one of his professional fights. The unbeaten Moldovan is coming off a second-round TKO of Jared Vanderaa at UFC Fight Night 194 this past October.
With the change, the UFC Fight Night 205 lineup includes:
- Jessica Andrade vs. Amanda Lemos
- Clay Guida vs. Claudio Puelles
- Alexandr Romanov vs. Chase Sherman
- Maycee Barber vs. Montana De La Rosa
- Manel Kape vs. Su Mudaerji
- Charles Jourdain vs. Lando Vannata
- Marc-Andre Barriault vs. Jordan Wright
- Dwight Grant vs. Sergey Khandozkho
- Tyson Pedro vs. Ike Villanueva
- Qileng Aori vs. Cameron Else
- Philipe Lins vs. Marcin Prachnio
- Dean Barry vs. Mike Jackson