Byran Battle is “The Ultimate Fighter.”
It didn’t come and not using a weathered storm, however Battle (6-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) defeated Gilbert Urbina (6-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) by way of submission at 2:15 of Round 2 to shut out the “TUF 29” middleweight event.
The “TUF 29” middleweight closing was the UFC on ESPN 30 co-main occasion on the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. It aired on ESPN and streamed on ESPN+.
Things went awry for Battle early in Round 1. He was met with a wild opening flurry from Urbina, who took him to the bottom and labored for a submission. Battle survived and labored his technique to the toes, however someplace within the fray, his mouthpiece fell out of the cage. Referee Herb Dean didn’t discover, so Battle fought for over half the spherical with out oral safety.
In Round 2, nonetheless, Battle, along with his mouthpiece again in, turned the tides. He took a bloodied Urbina to the mat and sank in a rear-naked choke. After a short wrestle, Urbina tapped – and that was it.
PICKED LAST AND NOW HE IS THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER!
— UFC (@ufc) August 29, 2021
Battle’s closing event victory comes after exhibition wins over Kemran Lachinov and Andre Petroski on the truth collection. In skilled competitors, Battle has now received five-straight outings all inside the space.
As for Urbina, the loss is his second within the event. After he defeated Micheal Gillmore by way of submission within the opening event spherical, he was quickly eradicated within the semifinal by Tresean Gore. However, Gore suffered a knee harm in preparation for the ultimate vs. Battle, so Urbina took his place within the bracket.
Up-to-the-minute UFC on ESPN 30 outcomes embrace:
- Bryan Battle def. Gilbert Urbina by way of submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 2:15
- Ricky Turcios def. Brady Hiestand by way of break up determination (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Daniel Rodriguez def. Kevin Lee by way of unanimous determination (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Andre Petroski def. Micheal Gillmore by way of TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 3:12
- Gerald Meerschaert def. Makhmud Muradov by way of submission (rear-naked choke) Round 2, 1:49
- Abdul Razak Alhassan def. Alessio Di Chirico by way of knockout (head kick) – Round 1, 0:17
- Wellington Turman def. Sam Alvey by way of break up determination (28-27, 27-28, 28-27
- Dustin Jacoby def. Darren Stewart by way of TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:04
- JJ Aldrich def. Vanessa Demopoulos by way of unanimous determination (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Pat Sabatini def. Jamall Emmers by way of submission (heel hook) – Round 1, 1:53
- Mana Martinez def. Guido Cannetti by way of break up determination (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)