Brandon Moreno vs. Deiveson Figueiredo trilogy must wait just a bit longer.
The flyweight championship bout has been moved from UFC 269 on Dec. 11 to UFC 270 on Jan 22. The transfer comes after the addition of a welterweight bout between Jorge Masvidal and Leon Edwards to the UFC 269 lineup.
MMA Junkie realized the information from a number of sources.
Moreno (19-5-2 MMA, 7-2-2 UFC) and Figueiredo (20-2-1 MMA, 9-2-1 UFC) will share the cage for the third consecutive time. Their first assembly was in the primary occasion of UFC 256 on the UFC Apex, in the most effective fights of 2020 which resulted in a majority draw.
The pair ran it again six months later at UFC 263 at Gila River Arena in Glendale, Ariz. with a definitive consequence. Moreno defeated Figueiredo by way of rear-naked choke submission within the third spherical to assert the title, making historical past as the primary Mexico-born fighter to grow to be UFC champion.
With the transfer, the present lineup of UFC 270 is as follows:
- Francis Ngannou vs. Ciryl Gane – for heavyweight title
- Brandon Moreno vs. Deiveson Figueiredo – for flyweight title
- Derek Brunson vs. Jared Cannonier
- Greg Hardy vs. Aleksi Oleinik
- Wellington Turman vs. Rodolfo Vieira
- AJ Dobson vs. Jacob Malkoun
- Poliana Botelho vs. Ji Yeon Kim
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Cody Stamann