A matchup many considered as the subsequent title eliminator within the UFC ladies’s flyweight division received’t be occurring.
Alexa Grasso has been compelled to withdraw from her scheduled matchup with Joanne Calderwood (15-6 MMA, 7-6 UFC) at UFC Fight Night on Nov. 20. She can be changed by Taila Santos (18-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) in what is going to stay an necessary contest for the load class.
MMA Junkie confirmed the change with an individual near the state of affairs, who requested anonymity as a result of the UFC has but to make an official announcement. UFC broadcast companion ESPN first reported the information.
UFC Fight Night on Nov. 20 takes place on the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The total card streams on ESPN+.
Calderwood, No. 10 within the newest USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie ladies’s flyweight rankings, is coming off a cut up resolution loss to Lauren Murphy in a title eliminator at UFC 263 in June. She’s alternated wins and over her previous six fights, twice failing to safe a title shot in that stretch.
No. 11 Santos, in the meantime, is coming off a dominant win over Roxanne Modafferi at UFC 266 this month. The Brazilian has misplaced simply as soon as in 19 profession fights and is at the moment using a three-fight profitable streak contained in the octagon.
The newest UFC Fight Night lineup now consists of:
- Miesha Tate vs. Ketlen Vieira
- Sean Brady vs. Michael Chiesa
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Taila Santos
- Cody Durden vs. Aori Qileng
- Cheyanne Buys vs. Loma Lookboonmee
- Terrance McKinney vs. Fares Ziam
- Rafa Garcia vs. Natan Levy
- Pat Sabatini vs. Gavin Tucker
- Azamat Murzakanov vs. Marcin Prachnio
- Denys Bondar vs. Malcolm Gordon
- Davey Grant vs. Adrian Yanez
- Shayilan Nuerdanbieke vs. Sean Soriano